2009年2月26日星期四

Open Question: I need historical information on some clocks in the cathedrals and churches of Cologne, Germany.?



My great great great grandfather, noble Hendricks, was a clockmaker in Germany in the mid 1800s. Family lore says he built a clock for the cathedral in Cologne. A German-speaking friend has told me that the Koln Dom, the main cathedral of Cologne, does not have a clock, and my research has turned up a lot of general information most the dozen or more extant churches in Cologne. I need to know details most the clocks of the churches of Cologne, including some that may have been destroyed in World War II. Even information in German would be unexceptionable, since I have a friend who can translate.Referrals to websites, books, and photographs would every be understood. I have found that commercial travel sites do not generally have every the details I need. Thanks in front for some help, and for saving me the trouble of going to Cologne myself at this time!

0 评论:

发表评论